A Just World for All
Through the combined efforts of our Board of Outreach and Mission (BOOM) and the Plymouth Justice Network (PJN) we work for a just world for all people.
Plymouth Justice Network
PJN primarily focuses on social justice advocacy through three strategic objectives
- Dismantling Systemic Racism in our Communities (including an active Immigration Taskforce and study groups on white privilege and Repudiating the Doctrine of Discovery)
- Connecting Faith and Justice at Plymouth
- Connecting Individuals to Faith-Based Organizing
If you want to get involved in any of the work mentioned or would like to hear about other PJN work, please join in one of the monthly meetings after worship or speak with Jane Audette. Jane will be happy to connect you with someone in PJN to get you started.
Board of Outreach and Mission
BOOM primarily focuses on social service with three initiatives:
- Basic Needs Initiatives - Address the basic needs of people for food and shelter, most typically in terms of partnership with shelters serving people who are homeless and with food pantries. This initiative reflects a long-standing commitment on the part of our congregation. Most of our service-oriented groups fall into this category (i.e. St. Ben’s Cooks, Cathedral Center Taco Night, etc).
- Immigrants/Refugees Initiatives - Address the needs for support and advocacy of people coming to our country or forced into refugee camps abroad.
- Racial Justice Initiatives - Address issues of racial justice and inequality in our city and region.
You can get involved with BOOM supported mission projects by exploring the groups at Plymouth Church.